Community Orchard event dates and times can be found on the village events page.
If you would like to join the Friends of Beckley Community Orchard please email Peter Ross at Peter_m_ross@hotmail.com
Chairman’s Report 2012
Legal and Admin:
- Charity formed by way of deed and trustees appointed
- Lease on Constable’s Piece agreed and signed
- Charitable status recognised by HMRC
- Occupiers liability insurance purchased (donation by Parish Council)
- County Council variation of S106 agreement re Constable’s Piece rejected by both trustees and Parish Council
- Application for funding to TOE2 fails because of existence of S.106 agreement. This was despite support from the County wildlife/environment officer and support from the TOE assessor
- Trustees have enlisted the support from OCVA to pursue further applications for funds for construction of pedestrian gate with disabled access and field shelter.
- Parish Council made a grant for the purchase of four trees
- Wolvercote Community Orchard made a grant for the purchase of three trees
- Thames Water have made a grant of £350 to establish native fruiting hedge along common boundary